Project Agora: Recruitment Privacy Notice
At Project Agora (“We”, “Our”, “Us”) we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we collect and process the personal data that you provide to us in connection with our recruitment processes. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who does this Notice apply to?
This Notice applies to all employment candidates of Project Agora Ltd and its subsidiary companies (each a “Project Agora company”).
Who is the Controller of your personal data?
The Project Agora company you are applying to determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. Specifically, the Controller of your personal data, pursuant to your application may be one of the following companies:
- Project Agora Ltd, 214 Arch. Makariou III, Limassol Cyprus
- Project Agora Single Member P.C, 7 T. Kavalieratou str, Kifissia Greece.
- Project Agora Media Technology Srl, Aleea Suter 17 E, Bucharest
- Project Agora DMCC, 34th Floor, Swiss Tower, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai, UAE
For further information on the Project Agora company you are applying to, please contact us at email@example.com.
What personal data we collect from you?
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information you voluntarily provide to us when you apply for a role through our website, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method:
- Email address
- Physical address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Work experience
- Information relating to your employment history
- Any other information you may contain in the Resume you submit to us
Lawful basis for processing
The legal basis for the collection and processing of the personal data you provide to us via your application is our legitimate interest to run our recruitment process and evaluate your application in order to manage our relationship with you.
In the event of an unsuccessful application, we may keep the personal data that you provide to us for a period of two years in order to consider and contact you for future job opportunities, solely in case you have provided us with your explicit consent for that specific purpose. In this case the lawful basis of processing is your free and explicit consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time simply by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purposes of processing
We use information you share to us in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect to a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect to other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect to the recruitment process.
How we secure your Personal Data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your personal data may be accessed by our recruiters working in the country where the position for which you are applying is based, as well as by recruiters and interviewers working in Project Agora companies located in other countries. Specifically, your personal data may be accessed by the following categories of recipients:
- Our employees and staff
Your data will be transferred to our competent employees and staff who are in charge of assessing and managing your candidacy of employment. All of our employees have a sufficient and significant level of awareness to protect your personal data and are bound by a confidentiality clause.
- Third party partners
We may transfer your personal data to cooperating companies that may assist us in identifying and recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment applications and improving our recruiting practices. We always ensure that the processors we engage with fulfill the requirements and provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that processing will ensure the protection of your rights.
We may transfer your personal data to our subsidiary and affiliate companies established outside the country where you apply and possibly outside the E.E.A. If such an international transfer occurs, its lawfulness and security shall be guaranteed by the appropriate safeguards through EU Standard Contractual Clauses based on the European Commission’s model clauses.
Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- If you have not provided your consent for us to retain your data in order to contact you for future job openings, within one month after the application process has been concluded.
- In case you have consented to us retaining that information for future job openings, after 2 years have passed since you submitted your personal data to us.
- In case the lawful basis of the processing is your consent, when you withdraw it by sending us a written request.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- access to your personal data.
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations.
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing.
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data.
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, you may contact us using our contact details below. To accommodate your request, we will need you to provide us with enough information to identify you, let us have proof of your identity and let us know the information to which your request relates.
In addition, and where granted by applicable law, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority. Below you may find the contact information of the Data Protection Authorities of Greece, Cyprus and Romania.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to email@example.com.